The updated QBS system is currently being rolled out to all centres. Very little has changed:
- The process of entering learners, submitting etc. is the same
- The language is the same
What is different is a more straightforward screen layout, less buttons and a couple of specific features that should be useful:
- An ‘easy find’ facility for class groups.
- A direct link to the programmes you have validated by QQI and what you are certifying Is available for centres that manually inputs data to QBS. This does not yet apply to file uploads.
- A capacity to copy in your learner details from an Excel spread sheet to QBS that will avoid direct data entry - 20 at a time. This will increase in the coming months.
- A new tab in Learner Details showing all the components completed within your centre - history of learner further education components.
The Guide to Updated QBS is here. This guide is also on the QBS home page.
A new way to access the site known as Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is being introduced. The instructions for set up are here. It is a change from using the token/ fob. Securities will be set up using a mobile or desk phone or by downloading the mobile app. This will increase security and convenience.
Timescale for move to Updated QBS.
Between January and April 2018, QQI will be in contact will all centres to arrange the move to the updated system. QQI will provide support to centres through QHelp and by telephone.
If your token/fob stops working prior to QQI contacting you, please report the problem through QHelp. You will be moved to the updated version immediately.
The aim in rolling out this update to QBS to minimise disruption to each centre